Your Trusted Boat Water Maker Manufacturer
- Free technical consultation
- High-tech marine water maker
- Problem-solving device
- Serves 200 countries around the world
- Bringing convenience to seafaring trips
NEWater: Professional Water Makers for Boat Manufacturer
NEWater provides boat water makers that are high quality, and are used globally. The devices are cost-effective and allow dependence on the time of cruise to be decreased as they reduce the fuel intake required they reduce the need for heavy tanks to be carried around, and they also increase onboard life quality by providing a supply of safe and clean water.
NEWater Brings for YouDiverse Marine Water Makers
Your Credible Boat Water Maker Supplier in China
NEWater’s boat water maker allows for fuel economy to be increased. They lower the amount of space occupied on your vessel and lower the weight of the vessel as well. They are used in all forms of vessels, including larger boats and vessels, smaller personal vessels, and luxury yachts.
Our water makers, which we manufacture here at NEWater, are of superior quality, as compared to the competition. In 2011 we obtained a high-tech product certification. Our company has also passed the quality, occupational health, and safety and has also obtained the environmental pollution control qualification certificate. And we have also passed the ISO9001:2015 system certification.
NEWater is An Ideal Choice For You
- Automatic control and semi-control are used. The pre-treatment part can be made of glass fiber or stainless steel.
- Protection function in case of no power, bad power supply, high current, leakage, or short circuit.
- Compact structure is easy installation, and will not occupy too much space inside the boat.
- Equipped with PLC and touch screen control and remote login, it can be controlled in real-time without extra human input.
- Manufactured in accordance with ISO and SGS standards, the main parts and accessories are CE-certified.
- We can provide one year warranty and support overseas installation and commissioning.
We have independently tested each stage of the equipment and each stage is carefully sequenced, each stage has unique high effectiveness, effectively solving your water treatment problems on board. NEWater’s boat water maker can be used for:
- Fishing boats
- Shipboard operations
NEWater Mission：Bring New Life for Water
NEWater has an independent large-scale production workshop, which is convenient for the control and supervision of product production quality. Strictly abide by production standards and provide detailed guarantees for all projects.
NEWater establishes SOP standardized operation process and strictly implements the work process. The professional project installation team, implement 5S on-site management. Equipped with standard safety facilities, investigating access conditions, and short construction time.
The safe transportation process does not have to worry about product damage and extends the construction period. NEWater has provided system equipment to thousands of companies around the world, which guarantees absolute product transportation.
How Long does the General Production Cycle Need to Wait?
NEWater’s treatment types of equipment are divided into a large system and a small system according to the water volume. The equipment is divided into portable water-making equipment, small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container-type equipment. According to different water volumes and customer requirements, we provide customized services.
Conventional small equipment takes 3-7 days, and large equipment takes 2-3 months. This is based on your requirements and water volume.
If I Need to Customize Equipment, What Data Need to be Provided?
- As the voltage and frequency of different countries are different, we first need the local voltage and frequency of electricity.
- How many gallons the water requirement per hour is
- The water quality of the source water and what requirements need to be met
- If you need to provide on-site installation services
Does the Equipment Need to be Installed On-site?
- Portable and small equipment — This is plug and play, it doesn’t need to be provided installation services. According to our instructions, you can install by yourself.
- Small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container equipment-we will reserve the interface for docking. If there are installation workers, we will provide installation instructions and installation instructions. If necessary, we can also send someone to install it.
- How to provide installation instructions —— We have installation instructions and installation videos. If necessary, we can provide free remote software to help you with remote video installation instructions.
How to Charge for Installation Service？
- We provide free installation instructions, with instruction manuals and installation videos
- Remote video installation guidance. If it is a large piece of equipment and the customer needs to install it by himself, then we will also provide free remote installation guidance service, but we need to plan a good time, within our working hours. Our working hours are from 9 o’clock to 18 o’clock Beijing time
- We send workers to install it. This needs to be based on the size of the project. If we have been designated to install it in the early stage, the installation service abroad will belong to our scope of work, and no additional charge is required.
- If we need to send someone to install it temporarily, we need to provide different charges according to different countries, installation technical requirements, and different types of technical work. Welcome to inquire.
How to Transport the Equipment?
There are several types of transportation, sea, air, and express
- If it is a small device and requires fast speed, we can provide door-to-door service by air and express, the normal transportation cycle is 5-10 days.
- If it is skid-mounted or container equipment, it is more appropriate to use the shipping method. The normal transportation cycle is 20-40 days.
What’s Your Payment Method?
Small equipment needs payment to delivery
For skid-mounted equipment and container equipment, 50% is prepaid, 30% is charged after video inspection, and 20% is charged before shipment.
Of course, we provide you with flexible ways of cooperation. Become our agents, and have more flexible support. Welcome to contact us.
Do You Provide Maintenance Services?
- NEWater provides free installation guidance and a one-year product warranty service. During the warranty service period, if there is an equipment problem, we provide free equipment repair or replacement services. If it is a manual operation, a fee will be charged. We can provide the required equipment replacement.
- We provide life-long after-sales service. NEWater has a full set of equipment and accessories, which can be replaced. Don’t worry about the failure of after-sales and maintenance.
- During the warranty period, NEWater provides all kinds of professional technical support, and if necessary. We also provide remote video guidance services.
- After the warranty period, NEWater also provides life-long after-sales maintenance, which requires a certain amount of manual service. There are also many matching accessories that can be replaced, so there is no need to worry about the later operation of the equipment.
Do You Provide Design Services?
Yes, we do.
For conventional small equipment, NEWater has standardized equipment. For large-scale skid-mounted and container equipment, we can design a process that meets the needs according to different water quality requirements.
At the same time, we carry out three-dimensional drawing designs according to different requirements and then communicate with customers to confirm.
After the design confirmation is completed, we then proceed to custom processing. So you don’t have to worry about our design and production capacity. We will provide you with the most professional technical support.
Boat Water Makers from NEWater
NEWater designs manufacture and supplies boat water makers to give you a better quality of life as a boat owner. We allow environmentally engineered equipment to be used for offshore purposes worldwide.
The vast majority of our water makers are used on offshore vessels and boats, and they are designed with optimized systems using internationally advanced reverse osmosis technology. We have designed them specifically for the specificities of marine applications, featuring small sizes, lightweight and small footprint.
They use a variety of water treatment and purification systems. Using reverse osmosis technology, salt water is pumped to equipment installed onboard the vessel, and this water is placed under pressure and passed through various partially permeable membranes so that contaminants are removed. Desalination systems can also be used to remove various ions, including heavy metal ions.
Please send your questions and requests to our customer service representatives and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
The Ultimate FAQ Guide for Water Makers for Boat
Sailing in modern times has advanced greatly thanks to cutting-edge technologies like boat watermakers. Loading up tedious water tanks in boats, yachts, cruise ships, and cargo ships is now a thing of the past. Most advanced boats currently rely on water treatment machines that generate freshwater instantaneously. This has unlocked the constraints that made voyaging limited. Underneath, our experts provide professional answers to the web’s most asked questions about boat watermakers.
- What is a Boat Water Maker?
- What Are the Advantages of Boat Water Makers?
- How Does It Function?
- Which Pretreatment Technologies Are Used in Boat Water Makers?
- What Are the Basic Features of Water Makers for Boats?
- Which Types of Boat Water Makers Are There?
- What Are the Main Components of Boat Water Makers?
- What is The Production Capacity of Marine Water Makers?
- What Should I Factor in When Purchasing Boat Water Makers?
- Do You Provide Solar Water Makers for Boat?
- How Much Power Do Boat Water Makers Need?
- How Do You Install a Marine Water Maker?
➣ What is a Boat Water Maker?
A boat water maker is a desalination device deployed in water vessels to supply freshwater by treating seawater. Technically, marine water makers convert seawater into potable water for distinct applications in water vessels. Primarily, these desalination devices accomplish this by deploying the reverse osmosis process, which typically evicts 95-99.7% of the dissolved salts. Modern water makers are realistically economical, highly productive, and quite easy to operate.
There are distinct water makers characterized by differences in size, production capacity, and design. This ensures that small boats, cargo ships, cruise ships, and virtually all forms of water vessels have specialized equipment. Boat water makers have characteristically high TDS levels, which facilitates their operation in highly saline seawater, for instance, 45,000ppm in the Red Sea.
➣ What Are the Advantages of Boat Water Makers?
Boat watermakers have revolutionized water transport. They provide high-grade freshwater to water vessels for human consumption and regular boat maintenance. This abolishes the need for water tanks, which were previously the only source of freshwater for boats. A water maker provides potable water when needed. Therefore, there is no risk of running out of potable water and sailing can carry on for as long as you want. The following are additional advantages of boat watermakers.
- They are compact hence they facilitate the efficient utilization of space. This creates more space for personnel, travelers, or even valuable luggage.
- Owing to their high rejection membranes, they are very effective in eliminating objectionable impurities.
- They are made of non-corrosive material, which makes them quite durable.
- Plug-and-play installation.
- Efficient in power consumption.
➣ How Does It Function?
Boat water makers are characteristically reverse osmosis machines custom-made for water vessels. They eliminate dissolved salts and other undesirable contaminants using the reverse osmosis process. Often, water makers for boat comprise sediment filters, which remove sand, debris, colloids, seaweed, plastics, and other suspended matter in the seawater. This makes certain the RO membranes remain unclogged and highly performing.
The pretreatment seawater is consequently pressurized to ensure the feed water pressure surpasses the conventional osmotic pressure. This reverses the natural osmosis process, enabling the rollout of the reverse osmosis process. The inlet water passes through semipermeable membranes, which only allow water molecules to pass. Some low-molecular-weight elements also pass through the membrane perforations.
The dissolved salts, proteins, minerals, viruses, and bacteria are held off by the membranes and kept in the retentate side. They are properly discarded together as a concentrate or treated. The water molecules that pass through the partially perforated membranes are harvested as permeate. Here is a visual illustration of how boat watermakers work.
➣ Which Pretreatment Technologies Are Used by Boat Water Makers?
Pretreatment is an imperative process in reverse osmosis desalination hence most marine water makers have integrated pretreatment systems. In fact, the long-term performance of desalination systems for boats hinges on the pretreatment processes employed. Beneath, we discuss the highly-regarded boat water maker pretreatment technologies.
● Sediment filtration.
Sediment filtration relies on media filtration systems like pressure sand filters or multimedia filters to capture suspended solids and lessen turbidity. In essence, this pretreatment process eradicates high molecular weight constituents capable of blocking the membrane pores. By preventing the clogging of the membrane perforations, sediment filtration elongates the lifespan of your boat water maker.
● Carbon filtration.
This is a media filtration process that eradicates organic chemicals, pesticides, chlorine, and VOCs using activated carbon filters. Through adsorption, these pollutants are captured by the AC filters thereby removing the awful odor and taste in your feed water.
● Chemical dosing.
Chemical dosing involves the injection of chemical reagents that eradicate or nullify certain pollutants. Chlorination is a popular chemical dosing technology that disinfects water by killing living microorganisms. Antiscalant injection is another form of chemical dosing that eradicates dissolved ions such as calcium and magnesium. Other pretreatment technologies employable in boat water makers include;
- Ion exchange.
➣ What Are the Basic Features of Water Makers for Boat
Boat water makers are essentially reverse osmosis devices tailored for boat water desalination. As such, they bear varying attributes that distinguish them from other seawater desalination equipment. Underneath are the primary features of boat watermakers.
- They exploit high rejection membranes with salt rejection scores of up to 99.7%.
- Although they are available in a range of designs, boat water makers are generally compact and mobile.
- They have high TDS levels, which makes them capable of treating different concentrations of seawater.
- They are energy efficient and utilize energy-recovering devices.
- Their skids are made of stainless steel or other non-corrosive material making them long-lasting.
- Their recovery rates are high.
- They use uncomplicated PLC or microprocessor control boards.
➣ Which Types of Boat Water Makers Are There?
NEWater has been manufacturing boat water desalination equipment for over a decade. In this span, we have come to understand the distinct demands of different boat operators and consequently developed distinct boat watermakers. Here are our highly coveted boat water makers.
● Modular boat watermakers.
Modular boat water makers are desalination units made of distinct components interlinked to work as cohesive units. These water makers are dispatched from the manufacturing facility in parts. They require installation, which is mostly aided by the attached installation manual. Modular boat watermakers are available in distinct capacity ranges, have high TDS tolerance, and are easy to assemble and disassemble.
● Skid-mounted boat water makers.
Boat desalination skids are boat water makers assembled in self-contained metal pellets, frames, or rails. Customarily, the skids used are made of epoxy-coated or stainless steel to combat corrosion. They enhance the mobility of the system and also provide protection against the shock waves from the high-pressure pumps.
● Solar boat water makers.
Solar boat water makers are desalination units primarily powered by solar energy. These solar desalination systems consist of a separate solar system interconnected to the reverse osmosis system. The solar unit consists of high-power batteries, photovoltaics, and solar collectors. Solar water makers are pocket-friendly and environmentally friendly.
➣ What Are the Main Components of Marine Water Makers?
Boat water makers may have dissimilar designs but they ordinarily have a similar set of components. To enhance your understanding of boat watermakers, we dissect them and briefly explain the role of each component.
● High-pressure pump.
Pumps to elevate the inlet water pressure are frequently integrated into boat watermakers. They initiate the reverse osmosis process by countering the customary osmotic flow. The strength of the pressure booster pump deployed depends on the size and operating pressure of the water maker.
● Pretreatment system.
Boat water makers can be paired with distinct pretreatment systems. Primarily, marine water makers use sediment filters to eliminate seaweed, debris, sediments, and suspended solids. These filters protect the RO membranes from premature fouling caused by clogging.
● Reverse osmosis membranes.
Reverse osmosis membranes are the membrane filters that seize the dissolved salts. They are partially permeable and alienate contaminants based on size. They have high rejection capabilities and can lower the TDS levels of seawater by 95-99.7%.
These are non-corrosive structures that house the other components of the RO water maker. They make the water makers portable and provide protection against the shock waves caused by the high-pressure pumps. The other components are:
- Control panel.
- Membrane cleaning skid.
- Post-treatment system.
➣ What is The Production Capacity of Boat Water Makers?
The production capacity of water makers is a customizable feature making it possible to provide clients with systems that meet their exclusive requirements. Ideally, a boat water maker’s production capacity is measured by the number of potable water gallons produced per day (Gallons Per Day, GPD). Production capacity is chiefly related to size and larger systems translate to higher production capacities and vice versa.
Most standard boat desalination systems have a production capacity ranging from 380 to 10,000 GPD. This range typically caters to small, medium, and large water vessels. Additionally, placing a custom order will see us deliver your watermaker in a capacity range of your choice. This mainly pertains to high-volume watermakers.
➣ What Should I Factor in When Purchasing Boat Water Makers?
Purchasing boat watermakers can be confusing especially if you are new to water treatment equipment. Without the right guidance or information, you can easily purchase a water maker that is not feasible with your application. Underneath, is a compilation of guidelines that will point you towards the perfect boat water maker.
● What is the composition and concentration of your seawater?
Acquiring the perfect boat water maker starts with understanding the attributes of your feed water. For instance, what is the concentration of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in your seawater? When aware of the contaminants present in the seawater and their concentration, choosing a pretreatment system and the perfect watermaker becomes easy.
● What quality of potable water are you targeting?
Most importantly, you need to have an understanding of the grade of potable water your application demands. Engage the manufacturer to understand the distinct grades of water generated by distinct water makers before settling on one that suits your application the best. This also helps determine if you need a post-treatment system and the kind of post-treatment system you need.
● How much potable water do you need?
Boat water makers are typically categorized based on the product range. If you are targeting a specific number of gallons per day, opt for a boat water maker within your specified range. You should also pay attention to the system’s service flow rate.
● What is your projected budget?
It is paramount that you budget appropriately before purchasing a boat water maker. Establish the price tags of distinct water makers and pick the one within your financial reach. You should also research the operating and maintenance costs of the systems to avoid financial problems in the future.
➣ Do You Provide Solar Water Makers for Boat
Yes. We manufacture and supply high-quality solar desalination systems for distinct applications including boat water desalination. Our solar water makers are economic solutions that facilitate up to 50% cutbacks on power consumption. These systems rely on solar power indirectly hence they are made of photovoltaics, solar absorbers, and batteries. The solar energy absorbed by the solar absorbers is converted into electric energy by photovoltaics.
The electrical energy is then used to power the water maker’s control panel and the high-pressure pump. They are ideal for boats with a limited power supply. In addition, they complement environmental conservation efforts by greatly minimizing carbon emissions. Get the best solar water maker by contacting NEWater today.
➣ How Much Power Do Marine Water Makers Need?
Power consumption is one of the primary operating expenditures of boat watermakers. Nonetheless, it is not considered problematic since boat water makers are energy-efficient devices. The general power consumption of boat water makers and seawater reverse osmosis systems, in general, has massively decreased over the years. Desalinating a cubic meter of seawater using a reverse osmosis unit presently totals 3kWh/m3 to 5.5kWh/m3, down from 16kWh/m3 in the 1970s.
Energy recovery devices have played the biggest role in shrinking the power consumption of boat watermakers. Modern RO membranes are also quite efficient thereby minimizing energy wastage. Power consumption during desalination depends on the concentration and composition of the seawater. Water makers for boats desalinate extremely saline seawater, for instance, red seawater has higher energy consumption rates.
➣ How Do You Install a Marine Water Maker?
Not all marine water makers necessitate professional installation. Skid-mounted water makers are initially pre-assembled at the point of manufacturing and are delivered to the point of use ready for use. They are turnkey systems that only demand plug-and-play installation. Installing small modular water makers is quite easy. If you follow keenly the instructions provided in the user guidebook, you will not need a technician’s aid.
NEWater offers on-site installation services when the water treatment equipment in question is large. When absolutely imperative, you will be provided with a team of technicians who oversee the installation at a fair price. Furthermore, we provide free video tutorials illustrating the entire installation process. Do not hesitate to seek aid from our specialists whenever you are stuck.