Your Most Intelligent Choice for Double Reverse Osmosis
- Engineered with 1stPass and 2nd Pass RO Systems
- Can purify salinized, brackish water and water derived from other raw sources
- Ideal for places with limited water supply because of improved water recovery rate
- Powerfully removes 99.9% dissolved solids
- ISO9001:2015 certified
NEWater: Double Reverse Osmosis Manufacturer in China
NEWater has been a trusted partner for industries that want to minimize their liquid discharge and improve water recovery rate. Our double reverse osmosis can recover above 90% of the treated water. Besides, these purifiers resonate with our motto of reducing stress on the limited supply of freshwater worldwide. Along with large industries, our double reverse osmosis systems can also be used individually or domestically. So, if you are residing or doing business in an area with limited water resources, choose NEWater double pass RO.
NEWater Brings for YouDiverse Double Reverse Osmosis
Double reverse osmosis systems from NEWater are used to maintain a particular quality of the final filtered water. Besides, they can elevate the water efficiency of any industrial operation system.
Our double osmosis water filters can powerfully treat salinized and brackish water. Along with removing microbes and other contaminants from the water, they can also maintain the right pH balance.
Our anion exchange water filters can make water free of negatively charged ions, including arsenic, sulfate, nitrate, and more. They come with powerful anionic resins.
Your Most Dependable Double Reverse Osmosis Manufacturer
NEWater is a highly respected name in the landscape of water purifying solutions. By combining conventional and innovative technology, we have engineered advanced double reverse osmosis purifiers. They can effectively purify and desalinize water derived from various sources and produce minimal wastage. In other words, these double RO systems are an ode to our environment-friendly engineering practices.
Besides, these purifiers guarantee for greater water recovery rate, making it ideal for various industries. You also don’t have to worry about the safe transportation of these purifiers, as we offer a doorstep delivery facility.
NEWater Double Reverse Osmosis System Process
NEWater’s double reverse osmosis system produces high-quality pure water for factories like beverages, cosmetics, or pharmaceutical products. The equipment has the following filters system.
- Raw water pump: provides the pressure to sand/carbon filter.
- Sand filter: gets rid of turbidity, suspended matter, organic matter, colloid, and so on.
- Carbon filter: removes the color, free chloride, organic matter, harmful matter, and so on.
- Softener: hard water is softened by removing the calcium magnesium it contains.
- Micron filter: prevents any deposition of large Particles, some bacteria, and viruses into the RO membrane.
NEWater Dependable Double Reverse Osmosis System Attribute
- Minimize sewage water.
- Provides double safety against penetration of bacteria.
- Water wastage can be cut radically.
- To get rid of organic contaminants.
- Produce more pure water.
- Double filtering.
- Pure water treatment.
- Comprise filtering systems like Multimedia Filter and Carbon Filters.
- Large scaling ultra purification.
NEWater Mission：Bring New Life for Water
- Product Details
- System Data Sheet
- More Products
- HOT FAQs
NEWater has an independent large-scale production workshop, which is convenient for the control and supervision of product production quality. Strictly abide by production standards and provide detailed guarantees for all projects.
NEWater establishes SOP standardized operation process and strictly implements the work process. The professional project installation team, implement 5S on-site management. Equipped with standard safety facilities, investigating access conditions, and short construction time.
The safe transportation process does not have to worry about product damage and extends the construction period. NEWater has provided system equipment to thousands of companies around the world, which guarantees absolute product transportation.
How Long does the General Production Cycle Need to Wait?
NEWater’s treatment types of equipment are divided into a large system and a small system according to the water volume. The equipment is divided into portable water-making equipment, small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container-type equipment. According to different water volumes and customer requirements, we provide customized services.
Conventional small equipment takes 3-7 days, and large equipment takes 2-3 months. This is based on your requirements and water volume.
If I Need to Customize Equipment, What Data Need to be Provided?
- As the voltage and frequency of different countries are different, we first need the local voltage and frequency of electricity.
- How many gallons the water requirement per hour is
- The water quality of the source water and what requirements need to be met
- If you need to provide on-site installation services
Does the Equipment Need to be Installed On-site?
- Portable and small equipment — This is plug and play, it doesn’t need to be provided installation services. According to our instructions, you can install by yourself.
- Small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container equipment-we will reserve the interface for docking. If there are installation workers, we will provide installation instructions and installation instructions. If necessary, we can also send someone to install it.
- How to provide installation instructions —— We have installation instructions and installation videos. If necessary, we can provide free remote software to help you with remote video installation instructions.
How to Charge for Installation Service？
- We provide free installation instructions, with instruction manuals and installation videos
- Remote video installation guidance. If it is a large piece of equipment and the customer needs to install it by himself, then we will also provide free remote installation guidance service, but we need to plan a good time, within our working hours. Our working hours are from 9 o’clock to 18 o’clock Beijing time
- We send workers to install it. This needs to be based on the size of the project. If we have been designated to install it in the early stage, the installation service abroad will belong to our scope of work, and no additional charge is required.
- If we need to send someone to install it temporarily, we need to provide different charges according to different countries, installation technical requirements, and different types of technical work. Welcome to inquire.
How to Transport the Equipment?
There are several types of transportation, sea, air, and express
- If it is a small device and requires fast speed, we can provide door-to-door service by air and express, the normal transportation cycle is 5-10 days.
- If it is skid-mounted or container equipment, it is more appropriate to use the shipping method. The normal transportation cycle is 20-40 days.
What’s Your Payment Method?
Small equipment needs payment to delivery
For skid-mounted equipment and container equipment, 50% is prepaid, 30% is charged after video inspection, and 20% is charged before shipment.
Of course, we provide you with flexible ways of cooperation. Become our agents, and have more flexible support. Welcome to contact us.
Do You Provide Maintenance Services?
- NEWater provides free installation guidance and a one-year product warranty service. During the warranty service period, if there is an equipment problem, we provide free equipment repair or replacement services. If it is a manual operation, a fee will be charged. We can provide the required equipment replacement.
- We provide life-long after-sales service. NEWater has a full set of equipment and accessories, which can be replaced. Don’t worry about the failure of after-sales and maintenance.
- During the warranty period, NEWater provides all kinds of professional technical support, and if necessary. We also provide remote video guidance services.
- After the warranty period, NEWater also provides life-long after-sales maintenance, which requires a certain amount of manual service. There are also many matching accessories that can be replaced, so there is no need to worry about the later operation of the equipment.
Do You Provide Design Services?
Yes, we do.
For conventional small equipment, NEWater has standardized equipment. For large-scale skid-mounted and container equipment, we can design a process that meets the needs according to different water quality requirements.
At the same time, we carry out three-dimensional drawing designs according to different requirements and then communicate with customers to confirm.
After the design confirmation is completed, we then proceed to custom processing. So you don’t have to worry about our design and production capacity. We will provide you with the most professional technical support.
Double Reverse Osmosis from NEWater
NEWater’s Dual Reverse Osmosis is a modified two-stage reverse osmosis ultrapure water system with two channels with different water flow capacities.
Accessories include a filter cartridge, a primary diaphragm pump, a primary reverse osmosis module, a secondary diaphragm pump, a secondary reverse osmosis module, a primary pure water discharge line, and a secondary wastewater discharge line. A return channel is provided between the secondary wastewater discharge pipe and the primary pure water discharge pipe in parallel with the secondary diaphragm pump and the secondary reverse osmosis assembly.
The tank then pushes the stored water into the second pass for further purification. As a result, these dual reverse osmosis systems can perform more powerful purification than single-stage RO systems. These dual reverse osmosis systems can perform a more powerful purification than a single-stage RO system. Do you want an environmentally friendly and efficient water purification system for your business or home?
It is small, easy to operate, and can perform the dual functions of secondary wastewater return conditioning and pH adjustment solution micro-dosing, using it to produce secondary RO purified water that meets national secondary standards for laboratory water, while maintaining its original benefits.
Are you inspired to get an eco-friendly and potent water purifying system for your business or home? Then, get in touch with NEWater today.
The Ultimate FAQ Guide for Double Reverse Osmosis.
Reverse osmosis is universally exploited to treat varying forms of raw water courtesy of its effectiveness, dependability, and adaptability. Generally, it generates an impeccable grade of product water but the modification of the processes elevates further the grade of potable water harvested. In this article, we will chiefly focus on double-pass and two-stage reverse osmosis processes, their diverse application fields, and the distinction in product water collected.
- What is Double Reverse Osmosis?
- How Does Double Reverse Osmosis Function?
- Why Should I Use Double Reverse Osmosis?
- What are The Main Components of Double Reverse Osmosis Systems?
- Does Double Reverse Osmosis Necessitate Pretreatment?
- What Quality of Water Is Generated Using Double Reverse Osmosis?
- What Is The Difference Between Double Pass Reverse Osmosis and Two-Stage Reverse Osmosis?
- What are The Advantages of Using Double Pass Reverse Osmosis Systems?
- How Much Does Double Reverse Osmosis Cost?
- Does Double Reverse Osmosis Necessitate Polishing?
- How Much Power is Used in Double Reverse Osmosis?
- Which Type of Double Reverse Osmosis Systems Do You Provide?
➣What is Double Reverse Osmosis?
Double reverse osmosis is an advanced water treatment technology that utilizes two reverse osmosis units to generate higher quality product water than one pass reverse osmosis. Essentially, the product water (permeate) from the first reverse osmosis unit is pumped into the adjacent RO unit as the feed water. The permeate quality in double-pass reverse osmosis is tremendously high given the water has been subjected to two reverse osmosis systems.
It is vital to distinguish double pass reverse osmosis from two-stage reverse osmosis. Two-stage reverse osmosis augments the system’s recovery rate by subjecting the concentrate from the first stage to further reverse osmosis treatment. The reverse osmosis permeates from the first and second stages is then combined ready for use or further treatment.
➣How Does Double Reverse Osmosis Function?
Characteristically, double-pass reverse osmosis systems consist of two distinct RO systems known as a first pass and a second pass. The feed water is initially pretreated using sediment filters, carbon filters, chemical dosing, or other appropriate water pretreatment technologies. Consequently, it is driven into the 1st pass RO system and forced through the semi-porous membranes.
The dissolved solids, minerals, viruses, bacteria, microorganisms, and proteins are alienated from the pure water based on size exclusion. The water as well as other low-molecular-weight substances pass to the permeate side while the alienated constituents are left on the concentrate stream. The permeate from the 1st pass is subsequently reserved in a break tank before being injected into the 2nd pass RO system for further treatment.
A similar process is repeated in the second pass reverse osmosis system ultimately refining the RO permeate.
Double reverse osmosis is well illustrated in the following video.
➣Why Should I Use Double Reverse Osmosis?
Ideally, you will need a double pass reverse osmosis system if you desire product water with comparatively higher quality. Double reverse osmosis is essentially an advanced reverse osmosis technology that refines the quality of RO water generated by one pass reverse osmosis systems. Additionally, they elevate the recovery of your reverse osmosis system up to 90% from approximately 80%.
A double pass reverse osmosis system will help you minimize the quantity of reject water generated and provide you with premium-grade RO water. When treating seawater, you can have your 1st pass RO system as a seawater reverse osmosis system and the 2nd pass unit as a brackish water RO system. When treating brackish water, both the first and second pass RO machines should be customized brackish water reverse osmosis systems.
➣What are The Main Components of Double Reverse Osmosis Systems?
Double pass reverse osmosis systems are primarily made of two separate reverse osmosis systems. The composition of each system is quite similar given that even the second pass RO system comprises a pretreatment unit. Beneath, we break down the primary components that work cohesively to make your double pass reverse osmosis system fully functional.
● Pretreatment system.
Primarily, sediment filters and carbon filters are deployed to eradicate suspended solids and chlorine respectively. The pretreatment system employed in a double pass RO system can contain varying equipment such as ultrafiltration systems, water softeners, or media filters depending on the composition of the inlet water.
● Pressure booster pumps.
Essentially, high-pressure pumps are deployed in double pass RO systems to reverse the osmotic pressure and flow. The pressure booster pumps are equipped with varied horsepower depending on the inlet water quality and the system’s capacity range.
● Reverse osmosis membranes.
The reverse osmosis membrane filter is the chief component in reverse osmosis systems. The membranes used essentially have high rejection capabilities and are composed of microscopic pores (approximately 0.0001 microns). They alienate the concentrate stream from the permeate stream. They eliminate up to 99.7% of the dissolved solids as well viruses, proteins, organic chemicals, and minerals.
● Storage tanks.
A pressurized storage vessel often situated between the 1st pass and 2nd pass reverse osmosis systems is mandatory. It holds the permeate generated by the 1st pass RO system before it is driven into the 2nd pass RO unit for further filtration. Other vital components include;
- Membrane cleaning systems.
- Post-treatment units.
- User controls.
- Control valves.
➣Does Double Reverse Osmosis Necessitate Pretreatment?
Virtually all reverse osmosis systems are connected to pretreatment units to facilitate optimal functioning and mitigate untimely fouling. Similarly, double-pass and two-stage reverse osmosis systems incorporate varied pretreatment technologies based on the inlet water concentration. Here is a brief elaboration of the primary pretreatment mechanisms used in double reverse osmosis.
Ultrafiltration (UF) filter systems are considered one of the best pretreatment solutions for seawater reverse osmosis systems. They utilize membrane technology to alienate sediments and other high-molecular-weight solids from the feed water thereby elongating the lifespan of the double reverse osmosis system. The perforations in UF membranes measure approximately 0.005–0.1 μm.
● Multimedia and pressure sand filtration.
To reduce the TSS levels in the feed water, multimedia filters or pressure sand filters can be employed. Pressure sand filters are characteristically made of multiple layers of sand while multimedia filters comprise several layers of anthracite, sand, and gravel. They shrink the presence of suspended solids by 25-50 microns and 10-25 microns respectively.
● Carbon filters.
Chlorine, VOCs, pesticides, and organic chemicals could potentially corrode the double RO equipment. To mitigate this, activated carbon filters are employed appropriately. They also help get rid of unwanted smells and tastes.
➣What Quality of Water Is Generated Using Double Reverse Osmosis?
Reverse osmosis generally produces high-quality product water with acceptable TDS levels and low microbial count. However, the use of double-reverse osmosis refines the quality of RO water from the 1st pass RO system. Using conventional water purity grading parameters, typical RO permeate falls under Type III purified water.
A wide range of contaminants is eliminated via double reverse osmosis thereby guaranteeing first-rate product water. The quality of the RO permeate can be established by measuring its TDS concentration, electrical conductivity, acidity level, and turbidity.
The conductivity of double-reverse osmosis water has a resistivity of >4 MΩ-cm, TOC level of <200 ppb, and conductivity of <0.25 µS/cm. A higher grade is attainable once you deploy an appropriate post-treatment process.
➣What Is The Difference Between Double Pass Reverse Osmosis and Two-Stage Reverse Osmosis?
Many people find it hard to distinguish double pass reverse osmosis from two-stage reverse osmosis. They can be puzzling concepts but they are characteristically very distinct. Double pass reverse osmosis utilizes two reverse osmosis plants to initially treat feed water and subsequently refine the permeate from the 1st system.
Two-stage reverse osmosis on the other hand subjects the concentrate from the 1st stage to treatment in the second stage. This shrinks the quantity of the reject water produced and ultimately augments the system’s recovery rate. The permeate from the 2nd stage and 1st stage are collectively harvested ready for use or further treatment in subsequent stages.
➣What are The Advantages of Using Double Pass Reverse Osmosis Systems?
Double pass reverse osmosis systems are undoubtedly more rewarding than one pass reverse osmosis systems. This is chiefly because they generate premium-grade product water and have an elevated water recovery rate. Double pass RO systems generally reduce TDS levels in feed water by up to 99.9% and have recovery rates of 90%.
The high recovery rate of the double-reverse osmosis system provides economical solutions to users who purchase the feed water. Contemporary systems exploit energy recovery devices, which fundamentally decrease their energy consumption. Such cost-efficiencies make double pass RO systems low maintenance water treatment solutions. Additional rewards gained from utilizing double pass RO systems include:
- High and varied service flow rates.
- Diverse daily capacity ranges.
- Low wastage of feed water (as low as 5%).
- Customizable designs and stress-free operation.
➣How Much Does Double Reverse Osmosis Cost?
Innovations in water treatment mechanisms and systems have played a significant role in making water treatment efficient, economical, and highly dependable. For instance, the use of energy recovery devices and efficient membrane technologies has lowered the treatment costs from $1.60/m3 in the 90s to approximately $0.40-0.50/m3.
These projections are arrived at by computing the equipment cost and the cumulative operational expenses. Distinct double pass RO systems command varied prices due to the distinction in functional capabilities and other features. The operational costs cover essential expenses such as power usage, which customarily ranges from 5.3kWh/m3 to 9.7kWh/m3, labor, installation, and repairs.
In addition, the cost of double-reverse osmosis will certainly fluctuate based on factors such as the type of feedwater treated, the region, and pretreatment processes deployed. To get a quotation of your preferred double pass RO system, kindly send us your inquiry via our website.
➣Does Double Reverse Osmosis Necessitate Polishing?
Post-treatment in reverse osmosis water treatment is mainly optional. Its necessity is determined by the quality of potable water needed. Although the 2nd pass reverse osmosis process is considered a polishing process, other water treatment technologies can be deployed to purify the RO permeate.
● Ultraviolet water sterilization.
UV water disinfection is primarily employed to shrink the microbial count in RO water. Double reverse osmosis eradicates viruses and other waterborne microorganisms but not as efficiently as some applications demand. UV water sterilizers, which utilize germicidal radiations rather than chemicals are employed to eradicate up to 99.9% of the harmful microbes in the RO water.
Dissolved gasses and ionized constituents that penetrate the RO membranes are often removed using traditional water deionizers or electrodeionization systems. The deployment of EDI in refining RO permeate results in the production of high purity water with a low resistivity of 18.2MW/cm.
● Activated carbon filters.
Carbon filtration is prevalently utilized to eliminate Volatile Organic Compounds, pesticides, herbicides, chlorine, and chloramine. When treating drinking water, they can be used to remove organic chemicals responsible for unpleasant tastes and odors.
➣How Much Power is Used in Double Reverse Osmosis?
Double pass and single-pass reverse osmosis systems are pressure-driven processes, which necessitate a substantial amount of energy to power the pressure booster pumps. In the past years, the power consumption of double-reverse osmosis systems, especially in seawater desalination was a major concern for most prospective users. However, recent strides made in energy recovery have significantly decreased the power burden associated with reverse osmosis.
A contemporary double pass RO system is likely to consume approximately 5.3 kWh/m3 to 9.7kWh/m3. A single-pass RO unit on the other hand consumes approximately 4.7 kWh/m3 to 8.94 kWh/m3. However, the amount of energy consumed in double reverse osmosis is likely to be influenced by the inlet water concentration, the production capacity, and the power supply options.
➣Which Type of Double Reverse Osmosis Systems Do You Provide?
Double reverse osmosis systems are one of the most popular categories of reverse osmosis equipment. Nonetheless, they can further be classified according to:
- Area of specialization such as industrial or commercial double reverse osmosis systems.
- Design such as skid-mounted or containerized double reverse osmosis systems.
- Feedwater treated e.g. seawater or brackish water double RO system.
● Seawater double reverse osmosis system.
Double pass seawater RO systems are generally used in offshore and onshore seawater desalination exercises. The first pass RO system typically consists of a seawater RO unit with a TDS range of 35,000 to 45,000ppm. The second pass RO system can be a brackish water RO system given that the feed water (1st pass RO permeate) has a significantly lesser TDS level.
● Brackish water double reverse osmosis system.
This is an advanced brackish water treatment system used to generate first-rate potable water from slightly saline water (1000ppm to 15,000ppm). Double pass reverse osmosis is quite inexpensive when treating brackish water and can be used in residential, commercial, or industrial applications.
● Containerized double reverse osmosis systems.
Containerized equipment essentially houses all double pass RO equipment in a self-contained container. Typical containers measuring 20ft, 10ft, or 40ft are dominantly used thereby augmenting movability and making operations easy.
● Skid-mounted double reverse osmosis systems.
Reverse osmosis skids are technically RO units housed in self-sufficient metallic structures. They are portable units whose reduced footprints facilitate the economic utilization of space. NEWater manufactures double pass RO skids for households, commercial entities, and industries. They can also be deployed to treat seawater, brackish water, well water, and surface water.