Your Dependable Sludge Dryer Manufacturer
- Simple durable system design.
- High thermal efficiency.
- Precise control of temperature.
- Stable equipment operation and long service life.
- Easy to operate.
NEWater: Sludge Dryer Manufacturing Leaders
NEWater’s sludge dryers are one of the several devices we manufacture here at our facility that are ideal for wastewater, sludge, and sewage treatment. These devices help in the reduction of the volume of sludge and improve the quality of these wastewater biosolids. They help transform the sludge into product safe stable, and hygienic biosolids that can be used in a broad range of resource recovery options. Send over a quote now!
NEWater Brings for YouDiverse Sludge Dryers
Your Sludge Dryer in China
NEWater’s sludge dryer is a drum drying equipment designed for materials with high moisture, high viscosity, high water-holding capacity, and low calorific value, etc. The special design inside the simplified version not only improves the thermal efficiency but also effectively avoids sludge sticking and over-drying in the drum dryer.
Our Sludge Dryers are made by environmental protection engineers with over 15 years of experience, along with construction engineers as well. They have a low running cost and a long treatment life. And they come along with video technical support and the option of onsite installation services, by our certified project managers.
NEWater Sludge Dryer Details Display
Tubular heating jacket: can ensure very uniform heating, 80 mm mineral insulation layer to minimize heat loss.
Hollow disc: increased heating surface. Our welded area is much smaller than other types of paddles. The self-cleaning disc surface greatly enhances the heat transfer, and the small paddles welded to the disc at different angles allow perfect mixing and moving of the wet material.
Integral beating seat and cooling sleeve: it can ensure the concentricity of the shaft and at the same time equipped with a water cooling jacket can increase the life of the bearing. One-way rotary joints are used to ensure that each hollow disc is filled with an oil heating medium.
Exhaust gas treatment system: The combination of the cyclone, tube condenser, and two-stage scrubber can achieve high emission standards.
How Sludge Dryer Works
NEWater sludge dryers are designed for small, medium, and large sludge generators under the stringent environmental requirements of a thermal extraction facility. Placing the system directly underneath the filtration equipment can effectively save material handling and reduce transportation costs by 50-75%.
Through the sludge dryer, a pre-heated airflow system draws moisture from the top of the internal dryer and discharges it through our wet scrubber system. After dewatering for typically 4-6 hours (depending on the type and moisture content of the sludge), the dried material is discharged by gravity into the vessel through a discharge plate below the unit.
Also, you can choose to include a conveying auger that transfers the sludge to an elevated container. NEWater offers dryers in a variety of configurations that you can choose from depending on your specific space requirements or limitations.
NEWater Sludge Dryer Features
- 95% thermal efficiency.
- The heat transfer medium does not touch the product.
- No gas is used to transport the product.
- Uniform product quality through mixing and movement of products.
- High ratio of heat transfer area to process volume – reduced floor space.
- Safer than direct drying when processing combustible materials.
- Simple design, easy to operate and maintain.
- Compact machine with small space requirements and low installation costs.
- No pre-treatment by mixing with the recovered dry product is required, reducing capital, operating, and maintenance costs.
What Kind of Transport Method Do You Use
In order to ensure the shipping time and safety of the goods, we recommend air freight, but also sea freight can be used.
Your choice of courier methods includes FedEx, DHL, TNT, EMS, etc.
For more information, please contact us.
NEWater Mission：Bring New Life for Water
NEWater has an independent large-scale production workshop, which is convenient for the control and supervision of product production quality. Strictly abide by production standards and provide detailed guarantees for all projects.
NEWater establishes SOP standardized operation process and strictly implements the work process. The professional project installation team, implement 5S on-site management. Equipped with standard safety facilities, investigating access conditions, and short construction time.
The safe transportation process does not have to worry about product damage and extends the construction period. NEWater has provided system equipment to thousands of companies around the world, which guarantees absolute product transportation.
How Long does the General Production Cycle Need to Wait?
NEWater’s treatment types of equipment are divided into a large system and a small system according to the water volume. The equipment is divided into portable water-making equipment, small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container-type equipment. According to different water volumes and customer requirements, we provide customized services.
Conventional small equipment takes 3-7 days, and large equipment takes 2-3 months. This is based on your requirements and water volume.
If I Need to Customize Equipment, What Data Need to be Provided?
- As the voltage and frequency of different countries are different, we first need the local voltage and frequency of electricity.
- How many gallons the water requirement per hour is
- The water quality of the source water and what requirements need to be met
- If you need to provide on-site installation services
Does the Equipment Need to be Installed On-site?
- Portable and small equipment — This is plug and play, it doesn’t need to be provided installation services. According to our instructions, you can install by yourself.
- Small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container equipment-we will reserve the interface for docking. If there are installation workers, we will provide installation instructions and installation instructions. If necessary, we can also send someone to install it.
- How to provide installation instructions —— We have installation instructions and installation videos. If necessary, we can provide free remote software to help you with remote video installation instructions.
How to Charge for Installation Service？
- We provide free installation instructions, with instruction manuals and installation videos
- Remote video installation guidance. If it is a large piece of equipment and the customer needs to install it by himself, then we will also provide free remote installation guidance service, but we need to plan a good time, within our working hours. Our working hours are from 9 o’clock to 18 o’clock Beijing time
- We send workers to install it. This needs to be based on the size of the project. If we have been designated to install it in the early stage, the installation service abroad will belong to our scope of work, and no additional charge is required.
- If we need to send someone to install it temporarily, we need to provide different charges according to different countries, installation technical requirements, and different types of technical work. Welcome to inquire.
How to Transport the Equipment?
There are several types of transportation, sea, air, and express
- If it is a small device and requires fast speed, we can provide door-to-door service by air and express, the normal transportation cycle is 5-10 days.
- If it is skid-mounted or container equipment, it is more appropriate to use the shipping method. The normal transportation cycle is 20-40 days.
What’s Your Payment Method?
Small equipment needs payment to delivery
For skid-mounted equipment and container equipment, 50% is prepaid, 30% is charged after video inspection, and 20% is charged before shipment.
Of course, we provide you with flexible ways of cooperation. Become our agents, and have more flexible support. Welcome to contact us.
Do You Provide Maintenance Services?
- NEWater provides free installation guidance and a one-year product warranty service. During the warranty service period, if there is an equipment problem, we provide free equipment repair or replacement services. If it is a manual operation, a fee will be charged. We can provide the required equipment replacement.
- We provide life-long after-sales service. NEWater has a full set of equipment and accessories, which can be replaced. Don’t worry about the failure of after-sales and maintenance.
- During the warranty period, NEWater provides all kinds of professional technical support, and if necessary. We also provide remote video guidance services.
- After the warranty period, NEWater also provides life-long after-sales maintenance, which requires a certain amount of manual service. There are also many matching accessories that can be replaced, so there is no need to worry about the later operation of the equipment.
Do You Provide Design Services?
Yes, we do.
For conventional small equipment, NEWater has standardized equipment. For large-scale skid-mounted and container equipment, we can design a process that meets the needs according to different water quality requirements.
At the same time, we carry out three-dimensional drawing designs according to different requirements and then communicate with customers to confirm.
After the design confirmation is completed, we then proceed to custom processing. So you don’t have to worry about our design and production capacity. We will provide you with the most professional technical support.
Sludge Dryer from NEWater
We can provide you with Sludge Dryers that reduce the volume and the weight of the sludge, allowing it to be easier to recover. And they make it so that this treatment’s byproduct can be used in a number of application areas.
Our sludge dryers make use of multiple techniques, that include thickening, dewatering, and making use of thermal techniques to dry the sludge. Gravity tanks have been used that conduct a process that is referred to as gravity thickening, reducing the total volume of the sludge. Dewatering involves either a filter press or a drying bed. And the drying process uses thermal techniques, here either a direct or indirect process is used to evaporate the water from the sludge, decreasing its volume and moisture content, and making it manageable.
For inquiries about the NEWater sludge dryer, please contact our engineers.
The Ultimate FAQ Guide for Sludge Dryers.
In the wake of stringent regulations on effluent quality and disposal, the use of wastewater treatment systems has proliferated significantly. To efficiently treat wastewater, sludge dewatering is enforced to alienate solid waste from liquid waste. The average water content in wastewater is approximately 99.94% as indicated by the water environment association.
As a comprehensive manufacturer of wastewater treatment equipment, NEWater manufactures first-rate sludge dryers customized for residential and industrial use. Dewatering or drying sludge augments wastewater reclamation efforts and makes it easy to treat and discard solid waste. In this article, we discuss comprehensive sludge drying equipment and answer the internet’s frequently asked questions on sludge dryers.
- What is a Sludge Dryer?
- What is Sludge Drying and How Does It Work?
- Which Mechanisms Are Commonly Used in Sludge Treatment?
- What Are the Advantages of Using Sludge Dryers?
- Which Types of Sludge Dryers Do You Provide?
- What is a Sludge Drying Bed and What Does It Do?
- Where Are Sludge Dryers Mostly Used?
- Is it Possible to Incinerate Dried Sludge?
- How Long Does It Take to Dry Sludge Using Sludge Dryers?
➣What is a Sludge Dryer?
Sludge is essentially the semi-solid by-product produced during industrial or residential effluent treatment. To enhance further treatment, transport, or disposal, the resulting sludge must be dewatered to reduce its weight and alienate solid constituents from liquid waste. This is often accomplished by using sludge dryers. A sludge dryer is a machine or set of equipment that dewaters sludge by evaporating the harbored water.
Technically, sludge drying machines alienate liquid elements from solid waste using distinct dewatering processes. The primary sludge drying processes are thermal and mechanical drying. It is paramount to note that sludge drying is not necessarily a treatment process. It, however, makes it easier to treat, transport, and discard solid waste as well as liquid waste.
We manufacture sludge drying machines as well as wastewater treatment systems for industrial, residential, and commercial applications. Our sludge dryers are distinguished by their impeccable quality, operational efficiencies, ease of use, and high dependability. We also customize the sludge dryers to generate your desired level of dryness.
➣What is Sludge Drying and How Does It Work?
Sludge drying is the process of extracting water or liquids from sludge through evaporation. Quite often, sludge drying is accomplished using thermal or mechanical processes. The reduction of water content in sludge makes it easier to treat, transport, store, reuse or discard the alienated solid and liquid wastes. Thermal sludge drying utilizes thermal energy to provoke the evaporation of water. Underneath, we are going to look at the radiation, contact, and convention procedures used to dry sludge.
Sludge drying using radiation relies on warmth generated via radiation. Infrared heating mediums and solar radiation are some of the technologies used in radiation sludge drying.
● Convective drying.
This is the most frequently used sludge drying process and it is also referred to as direct drying. In convective drying, the heat necessitated to evaporate the water is supplied in the form of hot steam or air. Ordinarily, the sludge is heated directly by the hot gas. This process can necessitate enormous amounts of air hence air recirculation is frequently undertaken. This tremendously helps in energy conservation.
● Conductive drying.
Unlike in convective drying, in conductive drying, heating of the sludge is undertaken indirectly. This process/configuration is also known as indirect drying. To be precise, a surface is heated using a hot oil system or steam before being brought into contact with the respective sludge. Conductive drying is employed in thin-film dryers, paddle dryers, and disc dryers. The link underneath will direct you to a video illustrating the sludge drying process.
➣Which Mechanisms Are Commonly Used in Sludge Treatment?
Sludge contains varying impurities, which necessitate distinct treatment processes. Sludge drying is essentially an evaporation process that shrinks the water content in sludge. It does not treat the sludge or extract impurities. Here are the various sludge treatment mechanisms currently being exploited.
● Sludge stabilization.
Sludge stabilization is a treatment technology deployed to curtail natural sludge fermentation. It can be done using biological or chemical processes such as lime treatment. In lime stabilization, lime is injected and blended with the sludge. This brings about the hyalinization effect, which raises the pH (to over 12) and temperature, consequently impeding the fermentation process. Sludge stabilization gets rid of unpleasant odors.
● Aerobic digestion.
Aerobic sludge digestion is an oxygen-driven biodegradation process used to extract organic compounds from sludge. Essentially, the air is pumped into the reactor thereby fostering the growth of microorganisms like bacteria. These microorganisms then degrade the organic compounds by breaking them down into water and CO2. Amino species like ammonia are broken down into nitrate.
● Anaerobic sludge digestion.
Anaerobic sludge digestion also referred to as methane fermentation, degrades organics present in the sludge in the absence of oxygen. Typically, anaerobic sludge digestion shrinks the concentration of organic compounds in sludge by 40-50%. The biomass is essentially converted into CO2 and methane.
● Sludge conditioning.
Sludge conditioning seeks to facilitate drainage by customizing the porosity and perforation size of the sludge. Biological sludge can be conditioned using low-pressure oxidation, iron chloride, synthetic cationic polymers, heat conditioning, and lime. A single conditioner or combination of several conditioners can be effective in sludge conditioning. For inorganic sludge conditioning, you can use anionic or cationic polymers, iron chloride, or lime.
➣What Are the Advantages of Using Sludge Dryers?
The use of sludge dryers in recent years has proliferated thanks to the enactment of various environmental protection laws and policies. Distinct, high-level sludge dryers have been developed to aid enterprises like industries and municipalities to better manage their sludge. Sludge dryers make sludge treatment easier by separating liquid waste from solid contaminants. They also ease sludge transportation, preservation, reuse, and disposal. Here is a brief summary of the many rewards born from the utilization of sludge dryers.
- They are versatile and can be used to dry distinct sludge irrespective of the sludge composition and water content.
- Sludge dryers extract high levels of water from sludge (up to 90%).
- They are energy efficient thanks to modern energy recovery technologies.
- The investment cost of sludge dryers is comparatively low.
- They utilize PLC controllers, which make their operation easy and also reduce labor-related costs.
- Sludge dryers do not discharge waste gas or unpleasant odors.
- They often decrease the sludge weight by roughly sixty percent.
- They are often made of stainless steel, which is resistant to corrosion.
➣Which Types of Sludge Dryers Do You Provide?
Due to the variation in sludge characterization and dryness levels, sludge dryers are often manufactured with distinctions. As a highly-reputable manufacturer and supplier of sludge drying machines with multinational clients, we manufacture standard and customized sludge dryers. Let us look at some of our in-demand sludge dryers.
● Convective sludge dryers.
Convective or direct sludge dryers are sludge drying machines that subject the respective sludge to direct heat for evaporation. Subcategories of our top-notch convective sludge dryers include;
● Flash dryers.
Flash dryers are more suited for industrial sludge rather than sewage sludge. They rely on a hot air stream, which typically flows at 20 to 30 m/s to dry the industrial sludge. The dried sludge is then alienated using bag filters or cyclones.
● Sludge belt dryers.
Sludge belt dryers are made of conveyor belts whereby the sludge is conveyed over slowly while being subjected to heated air (at approximately 80-180 °C). changing the speed of the conveyor belt adjusts the residence time of the belt dryer.
● Rotary drum sludge dryers.
Rotary drum dryers are characterized by a drum whose length is several meters and whose diameter is ~2 m. The drum consists of paddles, blades, or fins, which rotate at 4 to 8 RPM. Sludge is passed along the drum where it is dried by the warm air.
● Conduction dryers.
Conduction sludge dryers basically dry sludge indirectly i.e. a heated surface is brought into contact with the sludge, consequently evaporating the water. Examples of conduction sludge dryers include;
● Thin-film dryers.
Thin-film dryers are unique kinds of thin-film evaporators. They are used to dry industrial and municipal sludge. We manufacture horizontal and vertical thin film sludge dryers.
● Disc dryers.
Disc dryers are made of numerous vertical discs installed on single shafts. The disc and the shaft, which dries the sludge, are heated externally using hot oil or steam. The formation of the stick phase is averted by recycling a portion of the dried sludge.
● Paddle dryers.
Typical paddle sludge dryers comprise 2 or 4 sets of externally-heated paddles. The paddles rotate through the sludge to cut large lumps into smaller particles. They hardly necessitate back-mixing because the rotating paddles provide adequate agitation.
● Solar dryers.
Solar sludge dryers mimic the operating principles of greenhouses. Sludge is driven into the greenhouses in batches. However, it can also be introduced into the solar dyers continuously.
➣What is a Sludge Drying Bed and What Does It Do?
A sludge drying bed is essentially a sludge dewatering bed made of a permeable medium, which allows the alienated water to drain. A sludge drying bed separates solids waste from liquids or water through draining and evaporation. Essentially, the sludge is distributed atop a bed made of porous media like sand and gravel. Due to gravity, water from the sludge penetrates through the porous sand and gravel layers.
At present, there are numerous sludge-drying beds. The most popularly used drying beds include conventional sand drying beds, solar drying beds, paved drying beds, and artificial media drying beds. Ordinary sand drying beds measure approximately 6 meters in width and are 6 to 30 meters long. The depth of the sand layer often ranges from 230 to 300 mm. When selecting an ideal sludge drying bed, consider factors such as the sludge composition, investment costs, cost of operation and maintenance as well as longevity.
➣Where Are Sludge Dryers Mostly Used?
Sludge drying machines are quite valuable systems in residential, municipal, and industrial wastewater treatment plants. They generate dried sludge, which is light in weight, easy to transport, and compliant with environmental preservation laws. When treated adequately, the dried sludge can be incorporated into various agricultural processes.
For instance, sludge can be used to produce biosolids, which can, in turn, be utilized as fertilizers for crop production. The presence of phosphorus and nitrogen among other nutrients in the biosolids fosters the optimal production of crops. Additional applications of dried sludge include;
- Soil conditioning in park constructions.
- Soil substitute.
- Dressing golf courses.
- Construction of athletic fields.
- Generation of energy.
➣Is it Possible to Incinerate Dried Sludge?
Sludge incineration is a waste disposal technique that entails burning. It is essentially an oxidation technology that transforms components such as nitrogen, organic carbon, and phosphorus into mineral products. Sludge incineration is arguably the second most utilized disposal method after landfill disposal. Thanks to modern sludge incinerators, it is easier to dispose of sludge and generate energy in the process.
The process of incineration extracts organics while emitting little odors. This is facilitated by the employment of flue gas treatment. A by-product, which is characteristically solid ash, is produced. This stable product can be reused. Moreover, the generated heat, which is often drawn from the flue gas stream is converted to electrical energy. It can also be reused instantaneously.
The downside of sludge incineration is, however, the production of secondary contaminants like Sulfur oxide, dioxins, and furans. Consequently, ancillary processes are needed to expel these contaminants thereby increasing operational costs.
➣How Long Does It Take to Dry Sludge Using Sludge Dryers?
The time needed to dry sludge essentially hinges on the desired dryness level of the sludge cake. A sludge cake is a solid product generated after you have dried or dewatered your sludge. Additionally, the total drying time is influenced by climatic factors. Lesser time may be needed to dry sludge in areas endowed with great sunshine but with low rainfall. The water content of the feed sludge is another determinant of sludge drying duration.
In most areas, sludge dryers generate dried sludge with a solids content of approximately 40% in 10-15 days. The timeline in high rainfall areas is likely to be more. In sludge drying beds, the draining process consumes less time than the evaporation process. Efforts to further lower the water content in the sludge will increase the drying duration.