1. Characteristics of Pure Water Equipment for Electroplating
Some metal surfaces need to be coated with anti-corrosive agents while also providing anti-oxidation properties. In order to increase the surface smoothness, brightness, and adhesion of the plated parts, pure water is needed for cleaning. The preparation of the electroplating solution requires pure water with a conductivity of 15μs/cm or less. In addition, during the rinsing of the plated parts, electroplating pure water with a conductivity of 10μs/cm or less is also needed for cleaning.
The pure water equipment for electroplating includes pure water systems used for preparing electroplating solutions before electroplating, recycling rare metals in the electroplating rinse water, and a zero-emission system for treating electroplating wastewater. Typically, the system consists of pre-treatment, RO reverse osmosis, EDI high-purity water equipment, UF ultrafiltration, and middle water reuse to meet the various water quality requirements of the electroplating industry.
2. Pure Water Equipment for Electroplating Processes
The process of the pure water equipment for electroplating can be roughly divided into the following types:
(1) Two-stage reverse osmosis is used with the following process.
(2) The process of using high-efficiency reverse osmosis with EDI is as follows.
The pure water equipment for electroplating adopts imported reverse osmosis technology and ion exchange technology to produce high-quality pure water for electroplating. It is widely used in various processes of plating such as gold, silver, tin, nickel, chromium, and plastic.
3. Application Fields of Pure Water Equipment for Electroplating
(1) Production of liquid crystal displays, where pure water is used to clean the screen surface, and in transistor production, pure water is used to clean silicon wafers.
(2) Production of aluminum foil on electro-dissolvers, production of electronic tubes, and carbonated salt solution for cathode coating of electronic tubes.
(3) Pure water is used for glass shell cleaning, precipitation, wetting, film washing, and pipe diameter cleaning.
(4) Pure water is used for imaging tube and cathode ray tube production, as well as for fluorescent screen production of black and white imaging tubes.
(5) High-purity water is used for cleaning silicon wafers in the production of integrated circuits in the pharmaceutical industry.
4. Characteristics of Pure Water Equipment for Electroplating
Compared with other processes, NEWater’s electroplating pure water equipment has the following advantages:
(1) Small footprint, stable operation performance, and stable water quality.
(2) Low operating cost: Low-rated power, high utilization of raw water, and low acid-alkali regeneration cost.
(3) Environmentally friendly: Concentrated water can be directly discharged into the sewer.
(4) The electrical control and equipment operation technology is simple, greatly reducing the difficulty of employees’ work.