Pure water equipment is a kind of water treatment and filtration equipment. After filtering raw water (physical method), it does not add any compounds to produce equipment that meets the quality standard of drinking water.
Purified Water Equipment: How Do They Function?
Pure water equipment mainly adopts reverse osmosis membrane technology. Its working principle is to apply a certain pressure to the water, so that water molecules and ionic mineral elements pass through the reverse osmosis membrane, while most of the organic matter, heavy metals, bacteria, viruses, etc. dissolved in the water cannot pass through the reverse osmosis membrane.
Thereby separating the permeated pure water and the impermeable concentrated water. The pore size of the reverse osmosis membrane is only 0.0001 microns, while the diameter of viruses is generally 0.02-0.4 microns, and the diameter of common bacteria is 0.4-1 microns.
Pure Water Equipment Components
The pure water system generally refers to a device that achieves purified water through various water treatment processes and water quality monitoring systems. Common impurities in natural water include organic matter, particulate matter, soluble inorganic matter, microorganisms, etc. Generally, the water purification process can be roughly divided into pretreatment and reverse osmosis.
Pretreatment: The pretreated water will be further purified through reverse osmosis, so impurities that affect the reverse osmosis membrane must be removed. These impurities primarily mainly include large particles, residual chlorine, and calcium and magnesium ions. The quartz sand filter, activated carbon filter, and water softener are designed to remove large particles, residual chlorine, and calcium and magnesium ions from the water to obtain the optimum pretreatment effect.
Reverse osmosis: In reverse osmosis, a high-pressure pump is utilized to produce a high-concentration solution with a pressure greater than the osmotic pressure difference. On the low-concentration side, water molecules will be forced to pass through a semi-permeable membrane. Reverse osmosis can remove particles, colloids, and organic contaminants from water, as well as 99% of dissolved salts, heavy metal ions, bacteria, viruses, and other toxic compounds, and heavy metal ions.
Features of Pure Water Equipment
- High water permeability and high salt rejection rate of ≥97%.
- It has a high retention and removal effect on organic matter, colloids, particles, bacteria, viruses, and heat sources.
- Low energy consumption, high water utilization rate, and lower operating cost than other desalination equipment.
- There is no phase change in the separation process, which has reliable stability.
- The equipment is small in size, easy to operate, easy to maintain, has strong adaptability, and long service life.
- Power plant chemical water treatment
- Ultrapure water in electronics, semiconductor, and precision machinery industries
- Preparation of food, beverages, and drinking water
- Small pure water station, pure water for group drinking
- Fine chemical industry, fine science water
- High-purity water preparation required by other industries
- Pharmaceutical industry process water
- Desalination of seawater, brackish water