Your Dependable Portable Drinking Water Systems Manufacturer
- Free technical consultation
- Solving Water Treatment issues
- One-stop strong technical team
- Serves 200 countries around the world
- High-end core technology
NEWater: Professional Water Maker Manufacturing Leader
NEWater designs manufacture and supply Water Makers that are of the highest quality and superior design. They make use of alternative water resources, such as saline seawater and other saltwater sources, and allow for the provision of freshly treated water to people and individuals in all forms of application areas around the world. Please contact us to get a quote!
NEWater Brings for YouDiverse Water Maker
Your Water Maker Supplier in China
NEWater’s Water Makers have a variety of application areas. They can be customized for several uses, such as marine use, ships, boats, cargo ships, oil tankers, fishing boats, yachts, offshore rigs, and workboats among others. They provide potable water from water sources that are not natural freshwater bodies.
Our company, NEWater has for over 20 years been providing water treatment and purification solutions. All our products, including but not limited to our Water Makers, have passed the international CE and ISO9001:2015 certification. And are manufactured using stainless steel 304, which is of the highest quality.
How NEWater Water Maker Works
With our system, Watermakers turn saltwater into drinking water. It uses high pressure to pump seawater over a rolled-up semi-permeable membrane, filtering away the salt molecules and producing freshwater. The membrane obstructs the big salt molecules, resulting in a limited amount of freshwater being produced and the rest being discharged as brine.
The requisite pressure is achieved with the help of an engine belt or AC or DC power. Traditional watermakers use high-pressure pumps to generate the requisite 56-bar, whereas newer models utilize a low-pressure pump and build pressure via hydraulics, requiring less electricity and installation space – albeit at a lower output.
NEWater Water Maker Features
- Strict flow balance calculations and equipment selection to ensure overall equipment operation balance.
- Modular production structures are practical and compact, taking up little space and requiring little time to create.
- Pipe isometric drawings and bills of materials can be generated automatically using professional design software for equipment pipes.
- Each piece of equipment is equipped with a microbial growth-inhibitory plan.
- Internal circulation mode can effectively inhibit microorganism growth and give a quick restart reaction time.
NEWater Water Maker Characteristics
- Start producing freshwater with a single push of a button.
- The raw water pump and high-pressure pump can both be started manually, making inspection and maintenance of the solid barrier much easier.
- During startup, low voltage protection is provided.
- The whole operation time may be monitored online, which is useful for routine maintenance.
- Fresh water output is being monitored on a real-time basis.
- Production of freshwater is automatically turned down.
- The front microporous folded filter element removes saltwater contaminants from the water effectively.
NEWater Mission：Bring New Life for Water
NEWater has an independent large-scale production workshop, which is convenient for the control and supervision of product production quality. Strictly abide by production standards and provide detailed guarantees for all projects.
NEWater establishes SOP standardized operation process and strictly implements the work process. The professional project installation team, implement 5S on-site management. Equipped with standard safety facilities, investigating access conditions, and short construction time.
The safe transportation process does not have to worry about product damage and extends the construction period. NEWater has provided system equipment to thousands of companies around the world, which guarantees absolute product transportation.
How Long does the General Production Cycle Need to Wait?
NEWater’s treatment types of equipment are divided into a large system and a small system according to the water volume. The equipment is divided into portable water-making equipment, small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container-type equipment. According to different water volumes and customer requirements, we provide customized services.
Conventional small equipment takes 3-7 days, and large equipment takes 2-3 months. This is based on your requirements and water volume.
If I Need to Customize Equipment, What Data Need to be Provided?
- As the voltage and frequency of different countries are different, we first need the local voltage and frequency of electricity.
- How many gallons the water requirement per hour is
- The water quality of the source water and what requirements need to be met
- If you need to provide on-site installation services
Does the Equipment Need to be Installed On-site?
- Portable and small equipment — This is plug and play, it doesn’t need to be provided installation services. According to our instructions, you can install by yourself.
- Small modular equipment, skid-mounted equipment, and container equipment-we will reserve the interface for docking. If there are installation workers, we will provide installation instructions and installation instructions. If necessary, we can also send someone to install it.
- How to provide installation instructions —— We have installation instructions and installation videos. If necessary, we can provide free remote software to help you with remote video installation instructions.
How to Charge for Installation Service？
- We provide free installation instructions, with instruction manuals and installation videos
- Remote video installation guidance. If it is a large piece of equipment and the customer needs to install it by himself, then we will also provide free remote installation guidance service, but we need to plan a good time, within our working hours. Our working hours are from 9 o’clock to 18 o’clock Beijing time
- We send workers to install it. This needs to be based on the size of the project. If we have been designated to install it in the early stage, the installation service abroad will belong to our scope of work, and no additional charge is required.
- If we need to send someone to install it temporarily, we need to provide different charges according to different countries, installation technical requirements, and different types of technical work. Welcome to inquire.
How to Transport the Equipment?
There are several types of transportation, sea, air, and express
- If it is a small device and requires fast speed, we can provide door-to-door service by air and express, the normal transportation cycle is 5-10 days.
- If it is skid-mounted or container equipment, it is more appropriate to use the shipping method. The normal transportation cycle is 20-40 days.
What’s Your Payment Method?
Small equipment needs payment to delivery
For skid-mounted equipment and container equipment, 50% is prepaid, 30% is charged after video inspection, and 20% is charged before shipment.
Of course, we provide you with flexible ways of cooperation. Become our agents, and have more flexible support. Welcome to contact us.
Do You Provide Maintenance Services?
- NEWater provides free installation guidance and a one-year product warranty service. During the warranty service period, if there is an equipment problem, we provide free equipment repair or replacement services. If it is a manual operation, a fee will be charged. We can provide the required equipment replacement.
- We provide life-long after-sales service. NEWater has a full set of equipment and accessories, which can be replaced. Don’t worry about the failure of after-sales and maintenance.
- During the warranty period, NEWater provides all kinds of professional technical support, and if necessary. We also provide remote video guidance services.
- After the warranty period, NEWater also provides life-long after-sales maintenance, which requires a certain amount of manual service. There are also many matching accessories that can be replaced, so there is no need to worry about the later operation of the equipment.
Do You Provide Design Services?
Yes, we do.
For conventional small equipment, NEWater has standardized equipment. For large-scale skid-mounted and container equipment, we can design a process that meets the needs according to different water quality requirements.
At the same time, we carry out three-dimensional drawing designs according to different requirements and then communicate with customers to confirm.
After the design confirmation is completed, we then proceed to custom processing. So you don’t have to worry about our design and production capacity. We will provide you with the most professional technical support.
Water Maker from NEWater
NEWater water makers are part of the environmental protection engineering range and make use of alternative water resources, such as seawater and brackish water. And provide an easy and reliable resource of fresh consumable water.
Our Water Makers come in a variety of types, such as our Boat Water Makers, Solar Powered Water Makers, and our Home Water Makers among others. They employ reverse osmosis water technology to purify seawater, for example. Water is put under pressure using high-quality pumps, and this water is then pushed through partially permeable or semi-permeable membranes. The contaminants and impurities are retained and then removed out from the device through an excluding stream. Desalination may also be employed, by using ion exchange resins, both cationic specific and anionic specific resins, to remove positive and negative ions.
Give us a call if you have any of your Water Maker-related questions!
The Ultimate FAQ Guide for Water Makers.
The search for alternative water sources commenced ages ago but recent water deprivations have inspired the development of water treatment systems. The alternatives people have resorted to including saltwater, which necessitates advanced desalination technologies. Coastal regions and communities bordering saltwater lakes are the main users of these technologies. With affordable systems like watermakers at their disposal, these communities are able to carry on with their lives conveniently. This article seeks to provide you with all you need to know about contemporary watermakers.
- What is a Water Maker?
- How Do Water Makers Function?
- Where are Water Makers Mostly Applied?
- Which Types of Water Makers Do You Provide?
- What Are the Advantages of Using Water Makers?
- How Much Potable Water Can Water Makers Produce?
- Do You Provide Boat Water Makers?
- What is the Cost of a Water Maker?
- How Much Power Do Water Makers Consume?
- Can a Water Maker Desalinate Brackish Water?
- What is the Life Expectancy of Water Makers?
- What Quality of Water Do Water Makers Generate?
- How Do You Polish Potable Water Generated by Water Makers?
➣ What is a Water Maker?
A water maker is a saltwater desalination device that primarily uses reverse osmosis to reduce the TDS levels of saline water. Watermakers are primarily used to desalinate seawater in offshore and onshore applications. They can also be deployed to treat saltwater from lakes or underground reserves. They are immaculately designed to facilitate movability and make their operation stress-free.
Watermakers are endowed with distinct TDS levels, which makes it possible to desalinate varying qualities of saline water. Their dependence on high rejection membranes facilitates an impressive ejection of up to 99.7% dissolved. The end-product they generate is unquestionably high-grade and can be consumed safely by mankind. NEWater provides certified water makers precisely designed to facilitate the efficient consumption of energy and high recovery rates.
➣ How Do Water Makers Function?
Ordinarily, the functioning of watermakers is principled in the reverse osmosis process. While osmosis is a natural process that sees water molecules diffuse from a lowly concentrated stream to a highly concentrated stream through a partially permeable membrane, reverse osmosis is the exact opposite. Applying pressure to feed water until it exceeds the osmotic pressure gives rise to reverse osmosis, which reverses the flow of water.
Saltwater makers are often accompanied by pretreatment units, which eliminate contaminants capable of fouling the membranes. Sediments and suspended solids, which can clog the semipermeable membranes, are removed using sediment filters while VOCs, chlorine, and organic chemicals are eliminated using activated carbon pre-filters. Subsequently, the saltwater is pumped through the membranes under high pressure.
The microscopic pores in the membranes trap the dissolved solids, varying viruses, bacteria, minerals, and organic compounds. Water molecules are granted access together with low molecular weight elements. The brine stream containing the trapped pollutants is safely discarded while the permeate stream is collected. This is how water makers function.
➣ Where are Water Makers Mostly Applied?
The number of people, commercial entities, and industries reinforcing their freshwater supply with water treatment increase annually. This has proliferated the use of saltwater makers across multiple onshore and offshore applications. Customizing their designs and sizes also diversifies their application fields. They are palatable solutions that can convert seawater and brackish water into first-rate potable water.
NEWater manufactures watermakers specialized for specific application fields such as home water makers, which provide households with fresh drinking water and utility water. We also provide boat water makers, which are exclusively designed to supply water vessels with freshwater during voyages. Here is a list of fields that frequently utilize watermakers.
- Naval services.
- Emergency response.
- Construction sites.
- Restaurants and hotels.
- Laboratories and health centers.
➣ Which Types of Water Makers Do You Provide?
NEWater’s customer base transcends various fields and regions. Therein, we manufacture distinct water makers to adequately fulfill the demands of our multifaceted clientele. Let us briefly look at the range of watermakers you can procure conveniently from NEWater.
● Home watermakers.
Home water makers are special desalination units manufactured specifically for household use. They are commonly used in coastal homes, beach resorts, small restaurants, and businesses. Primarily, all home water makers utilize reverse osmosis and can desalinate highly saline water and slightly saline water (from 1000ppm to 35,000ppm). They are available as skid-mounted units or modular units.
● Reverse osmosis watermakers.
Reverse osmosis (RO) watermakers are portable desalination devices that primarily employ reverse osmosis to eradicate dissolved salts. They are available in TDS levels of up 35,000ppm and typically remove 95 to 99.7% of the dissolved salts. We provide specialized brackish water and seawater RO water makers suitable for use in homes, water vessels, and small businesses.
● Solar watermakers.
For off-the-grid customers, we manufacture solar desalination systems which are essentially powered by solar energy. These are environmentally friendly water makers given that they minimize carbon emissions unlike water makers reliant on fossil fuels. They are also economical given that solar energy is a free natural resource.
● Boat watermakers.
Boats, cruise ships, and other water vessels do not have to carry enormous water tanks any more thanks to boat watermakers. These desalination devices provide boats with fresh water when needed by desalinating seawater. The water generated can be used for cooking, drinking, bathing, and boat maintenance.
➣ What Are the Advantages of Using Water Makers?
Watermakers generally convert saline water into high-grade freshwater, which can be used in numerous applications. They provide water-deprived families with safe drinking water at affordable rates. Boat water makers reduce the luggage load in water vessels hence creating more space for travelers or essential luggage. They utilize energy recovery mechanisms by integrating energy recovery devices, which greatly lessen their power consumption. Here is a list of their additional benefits.
- Portability, which makes moving them around easy and economical.
- Extraordinary desalination rates of up to 99.7%.
- Impressive recovery rates, which make them quite efficient.
- They are resistant to corrosion and scaling hence they have extended lifespans.
- Thanks to compact designs, they have reduced footprints.
- The quality of potable water they produce is exceptional.
➣ How Much Potable Water Can Water Makers Produce?
Watermakers can generate varying amounts of potable water. The quantity of desalinated water they produce depends on the water maker’s size and service flow rate. NEWater’s standard water makers customarily produce 380 to 10,000 gallons per day (GPD). This production range fits well with the quantity demands of most households, boats, and commercial enterprises.
In addition, we are a manufacturer that understands users have distinct requirements hence we manufacture customized watermakers. When ordering our premium water makers, make it clear to our engineers the amount of potable water you need to be generated in GPD. We also produce high-volume water makers for large cruise and cargo ships.
➣ Do You Provide Boat Water Makers?
Yes. Boat watermakers are the modern supply lines for boats, cruise ships, and cargo ships. They desalinate seawater when needed thereby abolishing the need for water tanks. This creates more room for travelers or essential luggage. The space they occupy is significantly smaller compared to the footprint occupied by water tanks. We manufacture reliable and efficient desalination systems for boats with varying outputs to ensure all users are well accommodated.
Moreover, our catalog of boat water makers is diverse ranging from skid-mounted water makers to solar watermakers. Characteristically, they are mobile, which makes moving them stress-free and cost-efficient. Our boat water desalination units are practically assembled at our manufacturing facilities making installation easy and inexpensive.
NEWater’s standard boat watermakers are available in TDS levels ranging from 1000ppm to 42,000ppm. They can be used to desalinate slightly, moderately, and very salty water. Contact us today to place your order for a standard or customized boat water maker.
➣ What is the Cost of a Water Maker?
The price tag attached to distinct water makers hinges on several factors such as size, design, flow rate, and the manufacturer. Their prices have reduced compared to past years thanks to modern technology. In the current market, water makers with a service flow rate ranging from 40 to 140 liters per hour (LPH), have a price range of $3,500 to $ 11,000. To determine the cost of a water maker you are highly interested in, send NEWater an inquiry via our website.
Operating a water maker comes with operational costs which include pretreatment, installation, energy usage, labor, and repairs. Typically, desalinating seawater using an RO water maker costs approximately $0.79 to $2.38/m3. The operating expenses are often influenced by the salinity of the feed water. The cost of treating seawater is comparatively higher than the cost of desalinating brackish water.
➣ How Much Power Do Water Makers Consume?
The use of watermakers in past years was constrained by their power consumption. However, this has been adequately addressed in contemporary water makers by the inclusion of energy recovery devices. This innovation has transformed the power consumption of RO watermakers.
In the 1970’s the power consumption of reverse osmosis desalination systems was as high as 16 kWh/m3. Presently, seawater desalination using reverse osmosis watermakers can be as low as 3 kWh/m3 and as high as 5.5 kWh/m3.
Feedwater quality also plays a tremendous role in watermakers’ power consumption. Highly salty water typically needs much power compared to brackish water. This is because pressure pumps with higher horsepower are necessitated to help overwhelm the natural osmotic pressure.
➣ Can a Water Maker Desalinate Brackish Water?
Yes. Brackish water is characteristically slightly saline water. Its salinity ranges from >1000ppm to 12,000ppm meaning it harbors lesser dissolved salts than seawater. NEWater manufactures specialized brackish water RO systems with TDS levels of up to 15,000ppm. These water makers need an operating pressure of 100 to 250psi meaning their energy consumption is lower than that of seawater makers.
Desalinating brackish water using a seawater RO system is possible since brackish water cannot foul the membranes. You are however advised to procure specialized brackish water systems if your feed water is slightly saline. Seawater RO watermakers are specifically designed to desalinate seawater and deploying them to desalinate brackish water could result in unnecessary expenses.
➣ What is the Life Expectancy of Water Makers?
Watermakers are generally long-lasting water treatment systems. They have an average lifespan of 15-20 years. During this period, they operate at an optimum level and hardly exhibit any signs of burnout. The optimal lifespan of a water maker is realized only if the user maintains it properly. This entails pretreating the feed water sufficiently to proactively mitigate the fouling of membranes.
The reverse osmosis membranes deployed have to be replaced periodically. Most high-quality RO membranes have a life expectancy of three years. After three years, their performance deteriorates and this is exhibited by lower flow rates and a drop in RO permeate quality. Replacing them restores the water maker’s optimum performance levels. Their durability is a guarantee that you will make quick returns on your investment.
➣ What Quality of Water Do Water Makers Generate?
Generally speaking, water makers produce high-grade freshwater that meets the quality requirements of most applications. The quality of potable water generated by water makers may differ due to differences in feed water quality and operational conditions. In addition, quality is a subjective matter and therefore RO permeate considered perfect for certain applications may be considered to be of low quality in other applications.
The water they generate is mainly classified as Type III purified water. Watermakers eradicate 95-99.7% dissolved salts and remove substantial amounts of illness-causing microorganisms, organic chemicals, dissolved minerals, and proteins. Further treatment in the post-treatment process elevates the quality of the RO permeate.
➣ How Do You Polish Potable Water Generated by Water Makers?
The grade of water generated by water makers is not necessarily high purity water but is often high-quality potable water. If you need higher quality, you can deploy either of the following post-treatment processes.
● UV water sterilization.
This technology is used to kill viruses, bacteria, and other living microorganisms present in water. Although the RO membranes in the water maker eliminate bacteria and viruses, they do not exterminate them completely. UV water sterilizers eradicate 99.99% of living microorganisms using germicidal radiation.
● Activated carbon filtration.
This process is essentially used to eliminate unpleasant tastes and odor in water. It employs activated carbon filters, which rely on the adsorption process to seize suspended solids, organic chemicals, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and chlorine. Activated carbon filtration removes over thirty chemicals from water.
Remineralization is a process often employed to post-treat potable water generated via reverse osmosis or deionization. The high rejection RO membranes often remove all minerals leaving the potable water devoid of vital minerals. This process adds vital minerals e.g. calcium and magnesium at controlled levels to ensure your drinking water is tasty, safe, and healthy.